Monday, January 12, 2009

Long Day

Today was a long but good day at the legislature. It started early at 8:00 a.m. and I spent the morning tacking down a few Senators and Representatives, such as GiaQuinta and Reske , that are important to bills I am interested in. Then, it was onto a joint session of the House and the Senate to ratify the election results. Then was the inauguration of the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, the Attorney General, and the Superintendent of Public Instruction. All gave sort of the run of the mill Indiana-is-great-and-can-do-even-better speeches specific to their areas. Then there were receptions where I met Governor Daniels. I got to talk to him for a few minutes about what U was hoping to get accomplished while I was in Indy and he seemed open to many of the ideas. I spent the afternoon (after a quick lunch) talking to a few more Senators and Representatives and finished the day with a chance encounter with Governor Daniels again as he was on his way out. Also, I spoke to Win Moses and it looks as though he may have a committee hearing in time for me to testify at it. Tomorrow is the State of the State address, so it is going to be a long day. It should be an exciting but exhausting day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment