Friday, January 23, 2009

Long Day... Great Day

At least for now (until I post my final paper) this will be my last post on here for a while. The inauguration was incredible. It was thirteen of the most miserable hours ever (it was so cold!) with one of the most brilliant half hours of my life. The excitement and hope was tangible. It brought tears to my eyes to see the kind of hope that was there that day. There were people screaming and crying and hugging complete strangers.
I thought the speech was amazing. The part where Obama reached out to other nations to tell them once again that they have a friend in the United States was inspiring. I felt like people around the world could actually believe what he was saying.
The whole experience was exhilarating and exhausting. The crowds were unbelievable and the whole experience over the last month has given me a renewed faith in government. Maybe this social experiment that is the United States can work out after all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment